Wednesday, July 4, 2012

a little (romanian) update

so i have been in romania now for two weeks. and it has been hard and wonderful all at the same time. there have been many challenges and a lot of struggles that i've had to deal with personally. it is nothing like i expected, which is a good thing. i had way too many expectations before i came here. i didn't realize it then, but i definitely recognize it now. i'm excited that God wants me to be here and wants to grow me to be more like Him. it's hard being away from home and being out of my comfort zone. but it's a good thing. i'm trying to keep my focus on the Lord, and not on what's at home or what's going to happen when i get home. God gave me this verse before the trip and i can see already how much i need this reminder daily.
image found here
and if you know me at all, you know i'm pretty quick to give in to exactly how i'm feeling or my emotions. my mouth always runs way ahead of me and i'm super fast to acting on impulse. it's easy to be here and to dwell on how i'm feeling and how i want things to work. but that's not how it should be. at all. so this summer is going to be so good because i know God is going to really grow me and help me to get over myself. it's going to be hard, it's going to be a daily challenge, but God will be faithful to see me through it all. i'll leave you with two photos of natalie and i from our first morning at cluj:
natalie
me
kbye for now! happy 4th of july!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for commenting!